Join Precious Lamb's team and be a part of our mission, ending the cycle of homelessness one child at a time.
We are a full time, faith-based, tuition-free preschool serving families experiencing homelessness in the greater Long Beach area. For nearly 20 years we have provided trauma-informed education, with a uniquely low 1:6 teacher to child ratio. We have expanded into three age – specific classrooms-Toddler, Preschool and Pre-K. While we don't currently have any openings, please contact Violet if you are interested for future opportunities.
- Position Summary: Teachers work in a team-teaching environment providing quality early education and care to children who have experienced crisis, trauma, and/or homelessness.
- Hours: Full-time Monday- Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
- Passionate about the mission of Precious Lamb Preschool
- Minimum 12 Early Childhood Education units (24 ECE units preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with children in a child care setting
- Experience working or volunteering with families in crisis preferred
- Must pass background check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and multitask
- Support program policies and classroom rules
- Help keep a clean and safe environment for children
- Provide instruction and reinforce learning objectives according to plans or theme determined by team
- Help to manage classroom behavior and environment
- Maintain a classroom environment which promotes active learning, love and respect
- Maintain daily classroom routine
- Use appropriate judgment to act in the best interest of students at all times